Thursday 23 June 2011

Rebooting and spliting

So come September DC comics are starting 52 issues from number one. Will this encourage new reader ship or loose current fans of the DC series??? Only time will tell on that one I guess.
As a comic reader I'm kinda feed up of the stop/start relationship with characters. So when I heard what DC are doing, i was like 'ok how long will this last'. Like all things in the comics industry, big dogs like Marvel, DC and image have to buckle under the pressure of the fans. Why?? As a fan I want character progression, not two steps forward five steps back (looking at you spider-man).
Any way like most fans I too am caught up in the excitement of things to come, a bold move by DC, a move in which we should all embrace if we as fans want better stories and characters.
Most of the characters are getting alterations to their current costumes. Superman, Green Lantern and Superboy are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing, so far Wonder Woman and Superman's costumes are the only ones that look different (and Hawkman sorry). Understandably Batman's costume has already undergone a change so what I've seen on the web there isn't much of a change, which is good because I like it already. Superman has lost his red pants (thank god) he's being pulled away from the retro hero look.
This new era will happen after DC's 'Flashpoint' series which has just started and looks pretty interesting, so go check it out NOW!!

I've seen some bits floating around about Marvel starting Uncanny X-men from number one with another new title Wolverine and the X-men. Currently all I know is that there has been a rift between Scott and Logan hinting at a fight between the two Alpha males of the X-men, which splits the X-men in two, could be good. Advertisement of this has "who will you follow"
more when I find out.

Issue 19 of Haunt will get a new creative team Joe Casey and Nathan Fox. As A huge fan of the series I can't wait to see what these guys bring to the table. This is happening because Robert Kirkman co creator of Haunt has other commitments going on such as the Walking Dead TV show, and Greg Capullo will be busy doing Batman for DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment